Our Course Outline:
What Do Kids Learn in Grade 01?
Below we look at what children learn in Grade 01:
- Counting (1 – 100).
- Concept of tens and ones.
- Backward counting (20 – 1).
- Number in words (One – Ten).
- Number orders.
- Odd and even numbers.
- Skipping Numbers (3,5).
- Time (Day/Night – PM/AM).
- Clock time.
- Shapes (++ Hexagon, pentagon,).
- 3D shapes (Cube, sphere, cylinder, cone).
- Patterns (Number patterns in addition to shapes and colors).
- Calender (Days, months).
- Reading simple sentences (for e.g: The cat is black, The man is tall, I can read etc).
- About myself.
- My family.
- Vowels (a, e, i, o, u).
- Long vowel words (like mail, snail, read).
- Articles a/an/the usage.
- Digraphs ( for e.g: ch as in chat oon as in toon, moon sh as in ship oat as in goat, coat th as in thick ing as in ring, thing etc).
- Vocabulary – clothing – family – seasons – occupations – etc.
- Compound words (ice+cream = ice cream).
- Short stories.
- Living things/ Non living things.
- Animals & their babies.
- Animals & their shelters.
- Animals & their food.
- Life cycle.
- About solar system.
- About world.
Course materials will be updated soon.