Bullying has become one of the serious and persuasive problems in schools nowadays. It affects the victim’s thoughts as well as hurts their feelings, self-esteem, and confidence.
Bullying is usually defined as the intent to harm another person’s feelings via physical or emotional attacks.
The aim is to ensure that students learn in a supportive, caring, and effective environment without the fear of being bullied.
*Remember that bullying is an anti-social behavior that affects everyone involved, it is unacceptable and will not be tolerated in school.
* The basis of bullying can be found in intolerance of race, religion, gender, appearance, behavior, size, or ability.
* Avoid saying bad words to someone, that could hurt their feelings. Any inappropriate use of language will not be tolerated in school and will be challenged by the staff.
* Don’t fight with your fellows and try to resolve matters in a positive way.
* Keep an eye on your surroundings, if you feel/see someone bullying another person, go straight to the nearest staff member and request them to resolve the matter.
* If bullying is suspected or reported, the incident will be dealt with by any staff member immediately.
*The whole record will be presented to the student manager by the staff member who witnessed the event.
* The student manager will interview all the concerned, and keep a record of the incident or any action taken against it.
* If you are being bullied by someone physically or emotionally, complain to any teacher or staff member to settle the situation.
* Try to not hurt your fellow beings physically or emotionally and stay calm in case of anger.
* Staying calm can save you from lots of unexpected problems.
* Students who have been bullied will be offered continuous support to restore their self-esteem and confidence.
*Parents will be kept informed and will be involved to support the concerned students to help them change their attitudes.
As we are getting back together after the summer break, let us all set our aim to stop bullying inside the school premises, and this will surely help us to make a better society together. Everyone has the right to be educated with equality in a safe environment free from discrimination, harassment, or bullying. All members of staff must be alert to the signs of bullying and act promptly and firmly against it, in accordance with the school policy.